ESPN has Ajou as latest Pirate to transfer

[caption id="attachment_10422" align="aligncenter" width="630"]AP AP[/caption]   It appears that Chier Ajou and Seton Hall have parted ways. According to reports, the 7-foot, 2-inch, 245 pound big man is leaving the men’s basketball program. It seemed as if Ajou’s tenure with SHU could be nearing its end after the Pirates nabbed UMass transfer Derrick Gordon, effectively giving the program more players than scholarships to offer. Chris McManus of SHUHoops.com first wrote that Ajou was a goner after the South Sudan native appeared on Jeff Goodman’s transfer list at ESPN. Ajou’s time in South Orange was short-lived. He came to the Pirates by way of transfer following a freshman year at Northwestern that saw him leave mid-season in 2014. The timing of the departure made Ajou ineligible during the 2015 fall semester. Once active, he saw limited action on the court for the Hall. Ajou played just 38 total minutes for the Pirates last year despite the team lacking frontcourt depth. At the end of the year he had accumulated 10 rebounds, one assist, one block, one steal and three points. The center is the latest in an ever-growing line of Seton Hall transfer casualties. Sterling Gibbs recently decided on UConn after leaving the Pirates in April while Jaren Sina left back in February. He has since committed to George Washington. Gary Phillips can be reached at gary.phillips@student.shu.edu or on Twitter @GPhillips2727.