Get fit for business RetroFitness CEO and founder coming to SHU

[caption id="attachment_9571" align="alignnone" width="300"]Photo Courtesy of jerseycitynj.retrofitness.net Photo Courtesy of jerseycitynj.retrofitness.net[/caption] Seton Hall’s Stillman School of Business will host the annual Integrity & Professionalism Convocation with special guest, Eric Casaburi, CEO and founder of RetroFitness. Each semester this event is held to bring SHU together and highlight the values of the University. “The event gathers our students, faculty and special guests to take time to focus on the school's core values: integrity and professionalism,” said Leigh M. Onimus, the associate dean of the Stillman School. “We bring in high-level executives and successful business people and community leaders to talk to students about their experiences; specifically focusing on the ethical challenges they may have faced in their own careers.” “Speakers also talk about their businesses and hope to pass along ‘words of wisdom’ or important lessons they have learned,” she added. “This semester, we are excited to host, Eric Casaburi, CEO of RetroFitness.” Casaburi founded RetroFitness in 2005 with a simple idea to find a way to incorporate fitness and a healthy lifestyle that wasn’t expensive for users, according to the RetroFitness website. Today RetroFitness’ success is seen through its numerous franchises across the country that have become the leaders for fitness clubs. “Mr. Casaburi's success story will hopefully demonstrate what vision, leadership and passion can do in fulfilling students' goals and aspirations,” said Onimus. “Exposing students to business leaders from various industries and at varying points in their careers provide students with tremendous learning opportunities.” Casaburi also began his own successful Frozen Yogurt franchise in 2011, Let’s YO, which he partners with Apple products for an interactive experience for customers. “In learning more about Mr. Casaburi's success it is clear he had a strong entrepreneurial mindset,” said Onimus. “Beyond that he has demonstrated vision, passion and perseverance in a competitive market while finding a niche and reaching more and more customers with RetroFitness' business model.” The event is open to the entire SHU community and will be held in the Jubilee Hall Auditorium on Tuesday, March 25 at 6:30 p.m. Stephanie Gomulka can be reached at stephanie.gomulka@student.shu.edu.