Students show off in Spring Fling

A Spring Fling event, “SHU’s Got Talent” gives students a chance to show off their gifts on March 19 at 6:30 p.m. in the Jubilee Auditorium. The event will mark another year in which students are able to participate in Spring Fling. “I think this is a great opportunity for the residential community to come together and exhibit their talents,” said Mark Fabbi, a residence hall director. The residence halls are coordinating with Gentlemen of the Hall and Pretty Sharp to host the event to create some form of ease and decrease tension for students as finals approach. “I think it’s a great way for residents and even the entire Seton Hall community to come together and see students show others their amazing talents,” said Meha Vikram, a junior. “It might not be ‘America’s Got Talent’ which is sort of a good thing because it focuses on the positive parts of how people are talented on campus.” The hall councils for each building will nominate two to three students who will represent their residence hall. The event allows students to present their abilities to sing, dance, play an instrument or another talent. The show will also include three judges who will provide the top performances with prizes which are yet to be announced. “‘SHU’s Got Talent’ is significant because it is held by the Resident Student Association,” Fabbi said. “This is a good event for them to highlight the organization and work within the halls. It also engages new members, highlights talents and (helps us) come together as a community.” While the event can bring these talented groups of people together, commuters cannot sign up to participate in the event. However, all students are welcome to show their Pirate spirit for their fellow peers and friends by attending. “SHU’s Got Talent” is one of many events that will bring students together at Spring Fling. Nisha Desai can be reached at nisha.desai@student.shu.edu.