SAB has a semester of activities scheduled for you

The Student Activities Board (SAB) has many exciting programs and trips planned for the SHU student body this spring.

Ellen Juracek, a sophomore marketing major who is the Campus Life chair, listed some of the events that students can attend. On Jan. 30 at 5:45 p.m., SAB has put together a trip to the New Jersey Devils vs. Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game at the Prudential Center in Newark. The tickets are $5 each and can be purchased online using the following link: http://www. eventbrite.com/e/sab-bus-trip-njdevils-pittsburgh-penguins-tickets-15423429894.

During the first week of February SAB has numerous events planned. On Feb. 4 at 8:30 p.m., SAB will have an open mic night in the Pirate’s Cove. On Feb. 5 there will be a Pinterest Party that involves the band So Long Solo, tea and desserts. Students will be able to craft at the event, which includes two canvas projects. They can also create their own dream catcher. The Pinterest Party will be located in the Main Lounge in the University Center from 6-9 p.m.

Lastly, Feb. 6 will be SAB’s “Flashback Friday Flick” where they will be showing “Casablanca” at 6 p.m. in the Main Lounge.

“I joined SAB to be more involved in campus life and I joined SAB leadership to be more involved with planning events,” Juracek said. “The benefits of going to SAB events are getting to experience opportunities you may not be able to (otherwise), like MLB games, hockey games, paintball, concerts and ski trips. It’s a great way to meet new people and create memories with your friends.”

Toni Ann DiGennaro, a social and behavioral sciences major, explained why she thinks attending SAB events are important.

“I think the events SAB hosts are important because they get kids to get out of their rooms and get involved with stuff around campus,” DiGennaro said. “I attended an open mic night once and it was pretty cool to see the talent my fellow classmates had.”

“I think the money we pay for student activities is put to good use and I like the events, but people don’t go to them which is a disappointment,” sophomore Nathan Lam said.

For information about other SAB events, visit the SAB office located on the 1st floor of the University Center.

Shaygne Rodriguez can be reached at shaygne.rodriguez@student.shu. edu.