Swimming & diving heading to UCONN

One would be hard pressed to find four more resounding performances than the Seton Hall men's swimming & diving team has turned in during its four head-to-head meets this season and the Pirates will look to continue that dominance this weekend as they take on Connecticut.

Seton Hall Athletics

The Pirates’ men’s swimming and diving team is coming off a huge Senior Day win as they took down Marist 158.5-141.5 and improved to 9-1 on the season.

In the front of things was freshman Noah Yanchulis who won the men’s 200 freestyle. Along with Yanchulis, fellow freshman Matt Zebrowski took the men’s 200 fly. The two freshmen are looking to continue there success as they and the Pirates’ take on a tough UCONN team.

This will be the second-consecutive year in which Seton Hall squares off with Connecticut following a meet against Marist. The success that has pervaded throughout 2014-15 should lead to improved results against a Connecticut team that spoiled last season's Senior Day with a 175-116 win in South Orange but the meet will serve as a key stop on the road to next month's Big East conference meet where the Hall will take aim at adding yet more names to the banner that hangs inside Arthur E. Imperatore Natatorium.

On the Women’s side of things, the Pirates’ will also be taking on UCONN and looking to avenge a heartfelt loss to Marist. SHU will travel to take on a Huskies squad that recorded a road win over the Hall last season; a meet that will serve as the Pirates' penultimate competition of the regular season before heading to the Bucknell Invitational on Saturday, Jan. 31.

The Pirates’ are looking to record a bounce back win over the Huskies as they fell to Marist bringing their record to 8-4. In the loss, Tessa Lindner led an all-SHU top-3 in the 200 fly. Lindner also finished first in the 100 fly and looks to bring the same intensity and success with her to Connecticut as her and The Pirates’ take on a strong UCONN group.

For The Pirates’ this is the last meet of the season before the Bucknell Invitational. The meet in Connecticut is scheduled to start at 12:00 p.m.

Charles Mul’ can be reached at Charles.mule@student.shu.edu