Best Holiday Music

‘Tis the season to be jolly! With the holiday season among us comes the great music that follows. There are many different holiday songs out there, whether you celebrate Christmas or not.

The holiday spirited songs that are classics can be heard everywhere and sometimes they become repetitive. Some people might be tired of the old, classic holiday songs, but they are catchy and well-known so we can’t escape them.

Here are some great holiday classics that you might here around this time of year:

· “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” by Gene Autry

· “Do You Hear What I Hear” by Martina McBride

· “It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas” Bing Crosby

· “It’s The Most Wonderful Time of Year” by Andy Williams

· “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” by Frank Sinatra

· “Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire” by Nat King Cole

· “Walking In A Winter Wonderland” by Dean Martin

For those who are tired of the old, classic Christmas songs, here are good renditions of other classic holiday songs:

· “Christmas Eve” by Justin Bieber

· “Winter Wonderland” by Selena Gomez

· “Last Christmas” by Ashley Tisdale

· “This Christmas” by Chris Brown

· “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” by *NSYNC

· “Baby It’s Cold Outside” by Idina Menzel and Michael Buble

· “Christmas In Harlem” by Kanye West.

Sophomore Eldridge Etienne, a secondary education and English major, expressed her joy for holiday music and the holiday cheer.

“’All I Want For Christmas Is You’ by Mariah Carey is my favorite holiday song because it is a classic and puts me in a good mood,” Etienne said. “It’s important to stay in a cheerful mood around the holidays because it is the greatest time of year.”

Sophomore and elementary education and speech pathology major, Marisa Samuel, said “My favorite holiday song is ‘The Christmas Shoes’ by Newsong because it tells a story about a little boy who’s trying to get shoes for his mother who is sick, which the holidays are about. It’s about getting presents for those we love and for those who deserve to be spoiled.”

Shaygne Rodriguez can be reached at shaygne.rodriguez@student.shu.edu.