Off campus jobs a plenty

Sometimes finding a job on campus may be slightly challenging due to the competition. For those in need of a job, but have not been able to obtain one on campus, there are a variety of places off-campus you can turn to for employment options.

The following places seeking employment can be found in the village of South Orange along and off South Orange Avenue:

•Above Restaurant & Bar (waiter)

•Gaslight Restaurant & Brewery (waiter)

•Bunny’s Sports Bar (bus boy/waiter)

•Falafel-ly Yours

•T-Mobile (must apply online)

•Starbucks (must apply online)

•Dunkin Donuts

•Grid Iron Waffle Shop (full and part-time positions available)

•Chris’s Restaurant (full and part-time positions available for waiter)

•Boccone South, Subway

•Rite Aid

•Cluck-U-Chicken (cashier).

For those who have cars on campus or who commute, there are job options for you as well. Pirates Pizza and Village Pizzeria are both seeking drivers for their businesses. Certain places ask for certain requirements, such as the Village Diner, which asks that you have diner experience and Chris’s Restaurant, which is looking for people who are available to work mornings.

Natasha Morales, a cashier at Rite Aid, said: “Working at a job during my schooling helped pay for school. I think it is beneficial for students to apply at Rite Aid because they give you benefits and you can work your way up.”

There are other options for those who do not feel comfortable working in a regular work environment, but do need a job. Avon, a major beauty company, allows people to become representatives and sell an assortment of beauty products. It is a way for people to make money in the comfort of their own home, or dorm room in some cases.

With a high population of students, selling beauty products may benefit some of the Seton Hall students. For more information, visit http://www.avoncompany.com/.

For male students looking for work outside of restaurants, there are options. Fall is here and winter is slowly approaching, meaning the many homes in the local neighborhoods of South Orange and Newark may need people to either rake leaves or mow their lawns. Neighbors may even need some people to help clear snow from their driveways.

Babysitting is also a common job that most college students seek to obtain. There are various websites that can link you to babysitting jobs near you, but the most common website is care.com.

The website allows you to find local families near you and allows you to put your schedule, preferences, qualifications and much more.

Sophomore Jarett Johnson works at the Dollar Tree in West Orange.

“I do like it there, but like any job there are good days and bad days,” Jarett said.

Shaygne Rodriguez can be reached at shaygne.rodriguez@student.shu.edu.