10 Things we like about Halloween

Whether you go trick-or-treating every year or attend a classic costume party, Halloween is a fun time of year for pumpkin-carving, costume-designing enthusiasts. Here are 10 things that we like about Halloween:

1. Carving pumpkins is one of the classic traditions of Halloween to enjoy with your friends and family. Once the pumpkins have been transformed, leave them out for decorations on All Hallows Eve.

2. Dressing up as anything you want. Halloween is the one time of year when it’s okay for people to pretend to be anything they want. We get a chance to be our favorite actors and actresses or even our favorite book characters if we wish.

3. Eating candy all night. Halloween is the one night of the year that eating as much candy as you want is acceptable. From classic Butterfingers all the way to Nerds, Halloween night promises to be filled with all your favorite candies.

4. Scary movies. Many TV stations play scary movies the whole month of October in honor of Halloween. Watching scary movies, such as “Halloween,” is a classic way to spend the night.

5. The festivities. Students should enjoy the spirit of Halloween, whether or not you celebrate it. You can go to a pumpkin patch and pick pumpkins as a fun activity, around Halloween time. Making fun memories, as well as doing something festive, is a great way to spend Halloween.

6. Halloween parties. Whether it be a costume party or not, Halloween parties are always exciting if you are surrounded by great friends and candy.

7. Going on haunted hayrides. If you are looking for a spooky night out, haunted hayrides are a fun twist on a classic ride. Halloween is only time of year that haunted hayrides occur.

8. Trick-or-treating. Trick-or-treating reminds us what is was like to be little kids and it is just as much fun when you are a young adult. You get to run around, show off your costume, and get free candy. You can even try trick-or-treating in the residence halls.

9. Fright Fest at Six Flags. Haunted amusement parks are also a hallmark of Halloween. Whether you go through haunted mazes, or just enjoy the decorations and fright provided, Halloween is one of the scariest times of year at Six Flags.

10. Decorations. The Halloween decorations make October one of the months that students look forward to the most. With jack-o-lanterns, ghosts and even bats, these creepy decorations tell us that Halloween is near.

Rebecca White can be reached at rebecca.white@student.shu.edu.

Author: Rebecca White

Rebecca White is from Orange County, California and is a senior majoring in Communication. She started out as the Pirate Life Copy Editor her sophomore year, worked her way up to Assistant Pirate Life Editor her junior year, and enters her senior year as Pirate Life Editor. She has been on the Dean’s List every semester and will graduate a semester early in December 2016. During her time at Seton Hall she has interned for CNBC and CupidsPulse.com, an entertainment site where she coordinates the celebrity interviews. She aspires to be a novelist while working in the publishing industry, either as a book editor or magazine editor.