10 things we like about Fall Break

After seven arduous weeks of getting back into the swing of college courses, work and maintaining a social life, fall break provides a real opportunity to catch your breath. Here are 10 things that we like about Fall Break.

1. Fall TV premieres. Fall is the time of the TV season when some of our favorite dramas hit the air. From preparing for the “Pretty Little Liars” Halloween special, to the “Vampire Diaries” season six premiere, Fall Break gives us a chance to sit back and watch some of our favorite television series.

2. It’s the first break of the semester. After spending almost two months without our loved ones, Fall Break gives us a chance to go home and spend time with some of our closest family and friends or even stay on campus and have a few days to relax.

3. Decorating pumpkins. Whether you’re carving pumpkins to decorate the house or make a pumpkin cake, Fall Break gives us a chance to get in the Halloween spirit.

4. A chance to catch up on laundry. Students who started to slack off have a chance to finally catch up with laundry and tackle the growing mound of dirty things in the corners of our rooms.

5. Fall traditions. It’s prime time for fall traditions such as apple picking, going to the pumpkin patch and drinking a nice pumpkin spice latte.

6. A chance to catch up on work. With midterms right around the corner, Fall Break gives students a chance to complete any late homework assignments and study for those daunting tests.

7. However, when that all gets overwhelming, Fall Break gives us a chance to take a break from our work. After working hard for the first couple of weeks of school, it will be nice to have a few days of rest.

8. Getting to sleep in your own bed. For residents on campus, the chance to go home and sleep in their own beds is a comfort. After seven weeks of school, home can be just what students need.

9. Eating a home cooked meal. The chance to eat some of mom’s best recipes is one of the biggest advantages to going home over the break. Or if you’re staying on campus, Fall Break provides an opportunity to go out and try some new places to eat. College students need a break from the ramen and mac’n cheese days.

10. Reuniting with old friends. Going home over the fall break promises a chance to reunite with old friends, whether they be buddies from high school or old family friends. The chance to catch up on all the changes that the semester brought students is exciting.

Rebecca White can be reached at rebecca.white@student.shu.edu.