Pirates travel to Raleigh to compete in Wolfpack Intercollegiate

The Seton Hall men’s golf team will get back on the course on Monday, as they travel to Raleigh, N.C., to participate in the Wolfpack Intercollegiate, at Lonnie Poole Golf Course, hosted by North Carolina State University.

Shupirates.com

This will be the fifth annual Wolfpack Intercollegiate tournament and will run from Monday, Oct. 6 to Tuesday, Oct. 7. This year, the tournament will be played at the Laurel Hills Golf Club, a course with a 72 par, and designed by the one and only Arnold Palmer along with his design team. The 7,358 yard course is filled with many breathtaking views and resembles many of the traditional Scottish courses, such as Bethpage Black, Bandon Dunes, Whistling Straits, and Pine Valley. This course will certainly test each player’s control.

Seton Hall will compete against 20 other teams in this weekend’s tournament. The field includes, two teams from N.C. State, Boston College, Bowling Green, Campbell, East Carolina, East Tennessee State, Georgia Southern, George Washington, Lipscomb, Loyola Maryland, Rhode Island, Temple, UNC-Greensboro, USC-Upstate, Western Carolina, and Wofford.

The Pirates are looking to build off of their great performance last weekend in the Patriot Intercollegiate. For the third time this fall, the Pirates finished in the top five. Overall, Seton Hall finished in fourth place, 15 strokes behind the tournament champion, Missouri, the only team to finish under par (-1). As a team, the Pirates finished with a total of 866, with scores of 290, 290, and 286 in each respective round. Seton Hall was able to cruise past their only Big East opponent in the tournament, Villanova, who finished in 12th place, 28 strokes behind the Pirates.

Philippine sophomore, Lloyd Jefferson Go will also look to build off his performance last weekend, where he shot 2 under par, 69, in the final round on Monday. Not only did Go help propel the Pirates into a top five finish, but he was also recognized for his individual performance. Go finished in 11th place out of 104 golfers, shooting a 215 (75-71-69) for the weekend.

California-native, JT Harper also had a great weekend where for the second straight tournament, he finished top 10 in the field. Thanks to a 1 under par performance, 70, in the final round, Harper finished 9th overall in the 104 man field, leading all Pirates in scoring. Overall he shot a 214 (70, 74, 70).

The Pirates will look for Jefferson and Harper to build off of their last weekend’s performance in the Wolfpack Intercollegiate as they look for their fourth and second consecutive top 5 finish this year, respectively.

Head coach Clay White will be bringing Lloyd Jefferson Go, standout JT Harper, Kevin O’Brien, and New Jersey natives Ryan Snouffer and Cory Wilson down to North Carolina for the Wolfpack Intercollegiate.

The three round tournament will be played in just two days. The Pirates will play two rounds Monday to open the tournament, which will conclude with the final round on Tuesday.

Matthew Rachek can be contacted at matthew.rachek@student.shu.edu