New Campus Security and Safety report released

The latest Campus Security and Safety report came out on Wednesday Oct. 1. While there were no reports of rape, fondling or statutory rape reported for the 2013 calendar year, it is important to understand the act only records assaults that have been reported to the Department of Public Safety and that occur within the limited vicinity of campus, as was reported previously by the Setonian.

The 2012 report stated three forcible sex-offenses on campus, but that is not a category this year. Instead rape, fondling, statutory rape and domestic violence are key assault reports. According to the report, there were four incidents of domestic violence reported on campus, one of them in a residence hall. In addition, four stalking reports were documented, again with one said to have occurred in a residence hall.

The report also states disciplinary referrals for 209 on-campus Liquor Law Violations for 2013, 35 on-campus Drug Law Violations and one on-campus Weapons Law Violation. These were not arrests. For arrests, there was one Liquor Law Violation on campus and three on public property, one on-campus Drug Law Violation and two on public property, according to the report.

It is also reported that there were two on-campus burglaries, two motor vehicle thefts and one on-campus robbery, while three were on public property. The Setonian will have a more detailed analysis of the 2014 security report in future editions. The full report is available on the Public Safety and Security page of the Seton Hall website.

Lindsay Rittenhouse can be reached at lindsay.rittenhouse@student.shu.edu.