MSOC looking for bounce back win as they travel to Drexel

After dropping their Big East opener Saturday against DePaul, the Pirates (2-3-2) will look for a bounce back win as they continue their road trip Tuesday to take on non-conference opponent, the Drexel Dragons.

Shupirates.com

The Dragons are entering this match with a 3-4-2 overall record. The marquee game this season for Drexel came when they played to a 0-0 draw against then number four team in the nation, New Mexico. Fresh off their 3-0 win against Fairleigh Dickinson, the Dragons will look to use their momentum against the Pirates.

Meanwhile, the Pirates are entering this match with a 2-3-2 overall record. This match against Drexel will be a strong test for the Pirates, who have struggled on the road this season with just a 0-2-1 record.

Senior forward Victor Manosalvas and Kai Greene will look to continue their offensive support, finding the net for the blue and white. The duo have combined for nine goals heading into Monday’s match. Sophomore Samuel Geiler has also helped in the attack with four assists on the season. Sophomore goalkeeper Julian Spindler will make his eighth start for the blue and white and will look to draw his 2-3 record even on the road. Spindler is coming off a shutout versus Monmouth, his third of the season.

Given the similar records between these two teams, this should be a very tight match. This is a very pivotal match for the Pirates as they continue their four game road trip.

The Pirates’ main focus for Tuesday’s math will be stopping Frenchman Michele Patala and Pennsylvania native, John Grosh who lead the Dragons in shots this season.

Matthew Rachek can be reached at matthew.rachek@student.shu.edu.