Shelbey Manthorpe named to All-Big East Preseason Team, Pirates Picked Sixth

Shupirates.com

For the third straight season, senior setter Shelbey Manthorpe has been named to the All-Big East Preseason team.

Manthorpe is looking to build off of a solid junior season after being named All-Conference for a third straight season last year.

A co-captain, Manthorpe notched 10 triple-doubles while starting in all but one of the 31 matches the Pirates played in last season. She enters her senior season amongst the leaders in Seton Hall’s career assists and digs ranks.

Manthorpe was also named to the All-Tournament Team during all three of the teams tournaments last season—the U.S. Military Academy Tournament, Yale University Tournament and the Cavalier Classic.

Perhaps her best game of last season came on Nov. 16 against Creighton, when she finished with 36 assists, 11 digs, nine kills and a career-high eight blocks.

Seton Hall was picked to finish sixth in the conference while Creighton was picked to win the Big East for the second consecutive season.

Seton Hall will open up its 2014 campaign on August 29 in the Hurricane Invitational down in Coral Gables, Fla. The Pirates will face tournament host, Miami, at 7:00 p.m. The team returns to action the following day to take on Florida Gulf Coast at 10:00 a.m. and Florida A&M at 5:00 p.m.