Upperclassmen should highly consider living on campus

Who are you living with next year? Are you living on-campus? Where are you living? Have to talked to a realtor?

'Tis the season for the time crunch where students are registering for classes and most importantly figuring out their living situations.

After freshmen year, plenty of students try one of the dorms in the complex or another building.

After that, many juniors and seniors live in nearby apartment complexes on South Orange Avenue or in houses on and around Academy Street and Valley Street.

While living off campus gives a lot of freedom to students, it also brings on plenty of adult responsibility.

Your laundry may have to get brought to the laundromat. Bills will have to be evenly distributed: water, gas and electric, cable and internet - those on demand movies and naps with the air conditioning on add up.

This requires asking your friends for money, which can sometimes be awkward.

While dorming on-campus as a senior may not seem like the most traditional or thrilling option, it helps to avoid many responsibilities that can become stressful.

The cafeteria is close - meals are nearby and included in a plan. Laundry is just down the hall. Cable and heat are included.

For those not ready to walk more than five minutes to or from class or who enjoy hitting snooze, being on campus is also great.

Students have plenty of time to eventually live in an apartment. Why not wait?