If you see something, say something

Whether a situation seems major or minor, it is important to report any concerns to the appropriate staff member or authority figure immediately.

The University sent an email to the community regarding the recent incidents where several cars were being sprayed with fire extinguishers in the parking deck.

Vandalism may not seem like a huge deal to some people. However, it is both illegal and wrong and should always be reported.

Anyone who has knowledge of this or any other situation is advised to let the University know immediately, because it is for the greater good of the school.

Tuesday afternoon's Pirate Alerts regarding an anonymous threat that Public Safety received discouraged speculations and unconfirmed comments about the situation being spread on social media.

While this situation did not turn out to be a substantial threat, it is still a vital reminder to bring any and all concerns or information about a developing situation to Public Safety.

If something happens that makes you feel unsafe or worried for the safety of someone around you are better safe than sorry. Report anything before spreading rumors.

You can prevent future unfortunate situations by properly letting the authorities know what you experienced.

This guideline should apply to small situations as well, such as a mishap in the cafeteria, or a department that processes paperwork.

If you are in the middle of an undesirable situation, do not wait to tell someone.

Provide all of the information and proof you can to help yourself, and hopefully others.