Piece of (cup) cake
Mug recipes are ideal for college students because all of these meals are designed for the microwave. The catch is that almost all of these microwavable treats have lots of expensive or unusual ingredients. Here are a few recipes for morning or night that have easy directions and easy access to most, if not all, of the ingredients:
Coffee Cup Quiche
1 and ? tablespoons milk
Ground black pepper
? of bagel (or similar amount of bread)
2 teaspoons cream cheese
? slice of ham
1. Beat egg and milk together in a coffee cup, adding salt and pepper to taste.Tear bread into dime-size pieces; stir in. Add cream cheese; stir in. Tear or cut ham into small pieces; add to mixture.
2. Microwave on high until done, about 1 minute 10 seconds.
Recipe from http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/food-and-cooking/recipes/coffee-cup-quiche/article_2d121f31-d6b0-564c-bbac-6fca97a08276.html
French Toast in a Cup
1 to 2 slices of bread, cubed
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon sugar
Dash of cinnamon
1. Butter the inside of a large mug. Add bread cubes. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, sugar, and cinnamon. Pour egg mixture into the mug. Press down on the bread so that all of the cubes are moistened.
2. Microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Top with syrup or whipped cream
Cake in a Cup
1 cake mix any flavor
1 (4 serving size) instant pudding mix , any flavor
1 egg or egg white
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon water
1. Grease or spray coffee mug with cooking spray. Empty Cake Mix into mug and add 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon water. Blend with fork until smooth.
2. Place in microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes.
Recipe from http://www.budget101.com/mug-cup-mixes/birthday-cake-mix-mug-473.html
Samantha Giedris can be reached at Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org.