Seton Hall Young Alumni Club elects first female president

Cristin Johnson (2009) is the first female president of Seton Hall's Young Alumni Club.

As a founding member, Johnson was voted in as president after former president, Chris Sprague served his term. Johnson oversees the Young Alumni Club's operations and planning.

Johnson helps with events such as the Young Alumni reunions at Bar A, scavenger hunts and the annual Young Alumni Christmas dinner.

In addition, she recruits recent alumni, speaks at on-campus events and represents the club on the Alumni Board of Directors.

Johnson said the overall goal of the Young Alumni Club is to promote connections between recent graduates and Seton Hall through a variety of programs designed to foster Pirate Pride, networking and volunteerism.

Members of the Young Alumni Club had 100 percent participation in donating to the Seton Hall fund, making the group "one of the first organizations on campus that achieved 100 percent True Blue participation," Johnson said.

Johnson's leadership extends beyond her involvement with Seton Hall. Each year, captains a team at the Polar Bear Plunge benefitting the Special Olympics NJ.

At work she manages a team as a senior ac- count executive at Coyne PR in Parsippany, N.J.

"Coyne is a full-service PR firm, and I work on the consumer lifestyle team representing the agency's wine and spirits clients including Skinnyigrl Cocktails and Sauza Tequila," Johnson said.

Johnson said she knew her future was in public relations even as a student, where she majored in journalism and public relations, following the PR track.

"Since my junior year at Seton Hall, I had hoped to go into PR--although the agency I work for and the clients I represent are far better than anything I could've ever imagined doing," Johnson said.

Johnson said she hopes to stay at Coyne PR and play an active role with Seton Hall as an alum for many years to come.

Leah Carton can be reached at leah.carton@student.shu.edu.