SAB reveals GrooveBoston is back

After months of uncertainty about the return of GrooveBoston, the Student Activities Board announced that the event will be held on Friday, March 21 in the Field House for the fourth time in recent years.

SAB made the announcement Tuesday night by projecting the GrooveBoston logo on Jubilee Hall in an effort to start promoting the event.

Mariel Pagan, assistant dean of students for Student Activities, said students have made it clear they wanted GrooveBoston back.

"GrooveBoston has been hugely popular with our students," Pagan said. "In every SAB survey we send out, we get multiple write-in responses asking us to 'bring GrooveBoston back.' The crew from GrooveBoston are very professional and great to work with, so we are looking forward to working with them once again."

Along with the event comes a new initiative between GrooveBoston and SHU called Rage Responsibly.

The promotion aims to help students be responsible while en- joying the show to ensure the experience is not ruined for anyone else.

According to Pagan, the students who make the pledge to rage responsibly for the event will receive a limited edition #RageResponsibly T-shirt.

Some students said they are ex- cited about the return of GrooveBoston after attending some of the other ones.

Aimee Ulep is one who said she is looking forward to the school allowing for GrooveBoston to come back.

"I went to GrooveBoston before and really had a good time," Ulep said. "I will most likely be attending in March; I'm glad they decided to bring it back."

Yet some other students who went to previous GrooveBoston events are not excited about the March show.

Junior Eric Mianti went to the last two GrooveBostons on campus and said he didn't have as good a time.

"I didn't really enjoy going to the last two that went down," Mianti said. "I probably won't go to this one."

Information about SAB events, including GrooveBoston, can be found on the SHU SAB Facebook page or its Twitter page.

Eric Hostettler can be reached at eric.hostettler@student.shu.edu.