Fraps whip up controversy in Cove

Gourmet Dining Services' recent addition of Starbucks frappuccinos to the Cove's menu has students excited, but some employees seem to resent having to make the new beverage.

Senior criminal justice major Joey Chapman said that she has had different experiences while ordering a frappuccino, both positive and negative.

"One male GDS employee was extremely rude, audibly saying 'ugh, God' like it was some huge inconvenience to make it," Chapman said. "He was very nasty and almost snapping at me while taking my order, and I was very surprised by the attitude."

Chapman also said another GDS employee did not show any objection to her order and the drink itself was made to her liking.

Junior marketing major Stephanie Ploof said a GDS worker "jokingly" expressed reluctance when making the frappuccino she ordered.

"He was complaining about everyone ordering (the frappuccinos) and said he'll knock the sign down," Ploof said.

Ploof added that the drinks were not as good as the actual coffee chain's product but she still liked them.

However, junior finance major Jinita Patel said a GDS employee was pleasant.

"She greeted me well," Patel said. "She just asked a lot of questions because she's new and probably wasn't sure how to make it."

Junior speech pathology major Kathleen Amora said her experience was neutral.

"I feel the worker wasn't particularly chipper or welcoming," Amora said. "Just... going through the task."

GDS has not commented on the issue.

Tiffany Do can be reached at tiffany.do@student.shu.edu.