Pirate alum experiences Red Sox success

Seton Hall alumnus David Lewis (2012) got to witness the victorious season of the Red Sox while working as an inside sales representative for the Red Sox Front Office.

Lewis reaches out to Red Sox fans and offers them different ticket opportunities at the park. In addition selling to season tickets, Lewis has sold concert tickets, group outings for companies and private suites.

Although working as a sales representative differs from Lewis' expected career path in the communication field, Lewis said he uses communication skills as a sales representative.

"Writing and oral communication skills is a must in sales whether it's for the Red Sox or for any other company," he said. "Journalism helped me strengthen these skills and grow into a strong salesman and marketer."

Lewis has been with the Red Sox since April.

"I've been along for the entire ride attending games in early April, hanging out at the park throughout the summer, and when things got really exciting in September," Lewis said.

In attempting to describe the moment the Red Sox won the World Series during Game 6, he said, "I really was speechless." Lewis celebrated with the players and other front office members out on the field immediately following the win. "I really do feel blessed to be part of this great team and part of a championship this city will never forget," Lewis said.

He describes the experience of walking in the championship parade in Boston as overwhelming, with thousands of people screaming and yelling.

"Keep in mind this championship comes in the wake of the Marathon Bombing and I think the World Series win provided a great relief to a lot of people. It was stunning to be a part of that," Lewis said.

Lewis was born in Boston and said he has been a dedicated fan of the Red Sox even before he was offered the job as a sales representative. "It is truly a blessing to be part of an organization that I love and have grown up with," Lewis said.

Leah Carton can be reached at leah.carton@student.shu.edu.