TLTC touts latest in sharing technology

One of the latest technological features being offered to Seton Hall students is the SkyDrive Pro share drive.

SkyDrive Pro started in late June and was offered to students beginning in early September, according to Riad Twal, instructional designer at the Teaching, Learning and Technology Center.

SkyDrive Pro acts as a personal library where users can store and share documents.

This program is a part of the Office 365 suite, which enables users to access and share any Microsoft Office documents.

SkyDrive Pro also allows users to share MP3 and MP4 files.

According to Twal, there is "no loss of productivity" with this program.

The idea of this share drive is to allow full storage and backup.

Because SkyDrive Pro has its own tracking system built in, users can access any document saved to SkyDrive Pro on any desktop or laptop computer.

All files are private on SkyDrive Pro, unless users share them in the "Shared with Everyone" folder.

This folder allows people who are using SkyDrive Pro in your organization to look at your documents or files you are sharing.

According to the Seton Hall University website, users can access SkyDrive Pro by creating a SkyDrive Pro account.

Once you have created the account you click on the "Open Menu" icon.

Then, click "Share" which will allow you to add contacts by their e-mail or through name searches.

You can also select the type of permission users will have by selecting the "Can Edit" or "Can View" features.

For more information, go to http://www.shu.edu/offices/technology/of- fice365/skydrive.cfm.

Jordyn Puchino can be reached at jordyn.puchino@student.shu.edu.