Cyrus bangs out a new album

Miley Cyrus has released her second album, "Bangerz", as her own artist giving up her pop star role as Hannah Montana to portray her real, crazy personality and spontaneous attitude. The last few months we have seen Cyrus making her appearances through social media something that is catching viewers' eyes, and like herself, her album is doing just the same.

Produced by Mike Will Made It and Pharrell Williams, this album is "something to be heard" as Cyrus creates popular songs that are hitting the charts involving pop, electro hip hop, R& B and even love ballads.

Lead single "We Can't Stop" kicks off the album. It was the first single released to the public. This song went viral in a matter of days, accompanied by the music video fans were vying and confused to see. The song's lyrics were controversial, but when it came to the beat, it involved a hip hop feel and different dance that were being performed for the world to see.

The next single released, "Wrecking Ball," was accompanied by yet another confusing music video. "Wrecking Ball" is the best-known love ballad on the album. Miley states in several interviews that the symbolism in the song is not worthless and mostly describes her recent breakup with her former costar and fianc?©, Liam Hemsworth. This song showcases Cyrus's powerful vocals and emotions.

Coming off of "Wrecking Ball," the song "Bangerz" is much different than either single released before the album debut. This song is electro hip-hop and has few lyrics. It also features Britney Spears, who Miley claims was her mentor on this album, along with other guest stars. The title song has many dance breaks, helping it create a unique identity among the other songs on the album.

This album shows Cyrus is evolving from her pop star, Hannah Montana phase to a completely different artist. With a 13-song track list there is a lot of variety, showing the unique side of her 20-year-old self. Fans "Can't Stop" listening to the album, and it proves to be a great change in former Disney star.

Amanda Boyer can be reached at amanda.boyer@student.shu.edu