Boland lot thief wanted

The man who robbed a Seton Hall employee matches the description of an individual who has committed other crimes in the area, according to Director of Public Safety Patrick Linfante.

The employee was robbed of her handbag on Monday around 3:30 p.m. in the Boland Hall parking lot, located off Ward Street behind Boland and McNulty halls.

According to the second Pirate Alert this week, a student was robbed on Wilden Place around 8p.m. Wednesday.

Linfante said the police identified the vehicle as a "felony vehicle," which has been used in similar robberies committed in communities near the Garden State Parkway. The identification was made based on a video recorded of the robbery by Public Safety.

"We were able to capture the event on camera and have shared that video with the South Orange police," Linfante said.

The robber was described as a black male, 6 feet, wearing a white T-shirt and tan pants, according to Linfante.

He said a police officer will be stationed in this parking lot for the immediate future.

"This robbery was a crime of opportunity, a crime which is very difficult to either anticipate or prevent," Linfante said.

Lindsay Rittenhouse can be reached at lindsay.rittenhouse@student.shu.edu.