Bryan proves popularity with 'Crash My Party'

Fans have no reason to be disappointed with popular country singer-songwriter and Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year Luke Bryan's fourth album, "Crash My Party," which was released by Capitol Nashville on Aug. 13.

Bryan, a Georgia-born country singer who has been on top of the charts for years now with hit singles on every album, is one of the most famous and renowned country singers in the music industry today. He is known for taking risks and impressing his fans with every album that he releases. And "Crash My Party" is his best yet.

Starting off the album with a strong boost is "That's My Kind of Night," a single infused with a powerful hip-hop feel. With its strong beat and catchy lyrics, the song is easily addictive. In the same vein is "Beer in the Headlights," which also features an upbeat and powerful tone. These songs provide the album with a great opening, signaling the rest of the album's high quality.

The title song "Crash My Party" was already a hit for Bryan before the CD was even released. Its mid-tempo melody shows his fans a vulnerable side as he expresses his love for someone special in his life - his wife. This song has soared to the top 10 on Billboard, surpassing country stars such as Brad Paisley and Eric Church.

Further along, "We Run This Town" slows his tempo with more of an R&B feel to it. The addition of steel guitars showcases his calming and comforting vocals to the audience. The song reflects Bryan's teenage days of being adventurous and on top of the world. It captures Bryan's relaxed feel and how he portrays it through his music.

Wrapping different genres into his 14 songs and taking some risks, Bryan's "Crash My Party"is a must-have for fans as it rises up the charts. With an album like this, it's no wonder he's one of the most loved and best-known country singers of this decade.

5 out of 5

Amanda Boyer can be reached at amanda.boyer@student.shu.edu