Alpha Chi Rho newest fraternity

Seton Hall has made an addition to its Greek life: Alpha Chi Rho, which took a group of driven young men who were willing to put in the hard work to make this fraternity a recognized organization on campus.

"The colonization process it- self took a very long time," fraternity Vice President Fred Deritis said.

Deritis said the process consisted of national documentation, approvals and presentations to administration and established Greek organizations at Seton Hall.

"We were geared up to do our colonization presentation in December of 2011, but it got pushed back to March of 2012 due to one person not being able to make it," Deritis said.

The brothers said they are hoping to have a strong recruitment process.

"One of our main goals is expansion both in the school and South Orange as a whole," President Daniel Miller said. "We want to build this fraternity."

The fraternity said it is very service oriented and holds high academic standards. One of the unique aspects of Alpha Chi Rho is its attraction to students who lack interest in Greek life.

"We want to reach out to people who normally wouldn't rush," Greek Ambassador Alex Storto said.

Students interested in Alpha Chi Rho or who just want information about Greek Life at Seton Hall can attend Meet the Greeks at 8:30 p.m. on Sept. 10 in the Main Lounge.

Danielle Adamkiewicz can be reached at danielle.adamkiewicz@ student.shu.edu.