Broadway’s ‘Annie’ revival is “glee”ful

Are you a fan of “Glee”? If you like Sue Sylvester,take a trip to New York City soon to see her on the Palace Theatre stage. Making her Broadway debut, Jane Lynch is now starring as Miss Hannigan in the revival of “Annie” on Broadway.

Lynch will be a cast member through July, attracting Gleeks as well as anyone looking to experience an excellent performance. Starring Lilla Crawford as the title orphan girl who longs for a loving home, this latest version of the Broadway classic opens in grand fashion with the beautiful song “Maybe.” The number does well to convey Annie’s desperate wish to find her parents while having to contend with Hannigan, the despicable orphanage matron.

The rest of the songs are heart-melting classics that will touch people of all ages. The cast was outstanding and did a wonderful job showing how Annie’s “hard-knock life” turns into a dream-come-true.

Lynch particularly enthralled the audience with her renditions of “Little Girls” and “Easy Street.” It’s definitely worthwhile to see her during the limited time she’ll be appearing on stage. So don’t wait – order your tickets now and let “Annie,” and Jane Lynch, put a smile on your face.

5 out of 5 doubloons

Author: Amanda Boyer

Amanda is a senior public relations major graduating in December 2015, a semester earlier than the four-year track, from Hillsborough, NJ. Prior, she was the Photography Editor and now holds the postion of being the Social Media Manager of The Setonian. She is also a freelance photographer for on and off campus events. As a writer, she is also a contributor to CupidsPulse.com, HerCampus.com and TheTaiLife.com.