The Bachelorette’ returns with laughs, tears

Fans of rose ceremonies and reality show love have to wait no longer – the new season of “The Bachelorette” is here. This time Desiree “Des” Hartstock is in the title role. Hartsock was last seen being rejected by “Bachelor” Sean Lowe following a disastrous hometown date ruined by her crazy brother. Now it’s the bridal stylist’s chance for love, as she returns to the mansion in the midst of 25 new guys vying for her affection. The question is, will Hartstock finally find her Prince Charming?

The men introduce themselves in some surprising ways, including dancing, poetry and wishes. The most hear-melting moment came when Ben brought his son Brody to give Hartstock a flower. Once in the mansion the contestants do all they can to get the first impression rose, with Ben proving successful. But soon the men start jumping into pools and doing anything they can to get in a two-minute conversation with the Bachelorette.

After the rose ceremony, 19 contestants were left standing with 6 sent packing. Already the goodbyes are emotional, showing the audience what’s in store for the rest of the season. The first episode contained many laughs and glimpses at how the men will do over the course of the summer.

Amanda Boyer can be reached at amanda.boyer@student.shu.edu

Author: Amanda Boyer

Amanda is a senior public relations major graduating in December 2015, a semester earlier than the four-year track, from Hillsborough, NJ. Prior, she was the Photography Editor and now holds the postion of being the Social Media Manager of The Setonian. She is also a freelance photographer for on and off campus events. As a writer, she is also a contributor to CupidsPulse.com, HerCampus.com and TheTaiLife.com.