Laptop selection for next year unites SHU

As stated in last week's Setonian, school officials have finalized the laptop selection for next year. Instead of stu­dents receiving the slate or Samung Ul­traBook, students will be receiving the Lenovo ThinkPad Helix.

It is also of interest that instead of juniors refreshing their laptops in the spring, laptop refresh will now begin in the fall. All students will be given the same laptop regardless of major, except for those involved in the Mac program.

We applaud administrators for listen­ing to the opinions of students and tak­ing them into consideration as they eval­uated which laptops should be used next year.

The openness and cooperation between administrators and students shows how much of a community we are. Not only did administrators respond to what students want but also what we needed in order to make our time here at Seton Hall success­ful.

The idea that most students will be re­ceiving the same laptop is also an excellent idea. Not only will repairs be easier because everyone will have the same computer, but students will all be paying the same mo­bile commuting fee. In previous years, lap­tops divided students. Various majors were given different laptops but now everyone receiving the same laptop will strength the unity on Seton Hall's campus.

The idea of selecting laptops next year may seem like a trivial matter; however it is truly a decision that can have a bearing on the dynamic of campus. Administrators taking time to take students ideas into con­sideration are commendable.