Attend summer school with Mike and Sulley

The follow up to the oh-so-popular Disney Pixar movie “Monsters, Inc.” is finally here. After 12 years, we get to go back and see what it was like for Mike Wazowski and James P. “Sulley” Sullivan in college as the prequel to the Disney classic, “Monsters University,” comes to theaters June 21.

This installment hopes to show how the relationship between Mike and Sulley formed as well as what is expected of them in the Monsters University School of Scaring. Viewers will get to see what it really takes to be a monster.

The movie tries to encompass as much normal college life as possible with the Monsters University students attending classes and joining Greek life, clubs and athletics. These elements are bound to get attention from both young audiences who are not familiar with “Monsters, Inc.” and the college-aged students who enjoyed “Monsters, Inc.” when it first came out.

Though it will be sad to not have Boo as a part of the movie, it seems like they’re doing their best to make a successful and coherent prequel.

Samantha Giedris can be reached at Samantha.giedris@student.shu.edu.

Author: Samantha Giedris

Samantha Giedris is a senior journalism major with minors in political science and women and gender studies. She is currently the Managing Editor of The Setonian and a member of Alpha Phi Fraternity. In the past year, she has interned at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and Birchbox. Samantha can be reached at samantha.giedris@student.shu.edu.