New requirements must be known to students

Students graduating in 2014 and be­yond will not only have to fulfill the requirement to take three Signature Courses but they will also be required to complete 10 infused courses by the time that they graduate.

According to the Seton Hall's website, "The goal of the University Core Profi­ciencies is to ensure that Seton Hall Uni­versity students become known not only for knowledge in their specialized field of study but also for their proficiency in thinking critically, articulating their thoughts and using information wisely."

While we applaud the University for implementing this core to help students gain even more knowledge while at Se­ton Hall, it is imperative that students are aware of these new requirements and un­derstand what they need to do to complete them.

Advisors should make it known to stu­dents during individual advising sessions how many core proficiencies they have completed and how many they still need to complete in order to graduate on time. Since this is a new requirement, how to fulfill this requirement needs to be stressed repeatedly.

No student wants to be notified spring se­mester that they are missing multiple core proficiencies are cannot graduate with their class.

In order to make sure that this does not happen, its calls for clear communication on the part of advisors and professors.