Faculty member nominated for Emmys

A Seton Hall University faculty member was nominated for two New York Emmy Awards for his work at the Yankees Entertain­ment and Sports (YES) Network.

Albin Wicki is the chief engineer for Seton Hall's television facility in the Department of Communi­cation and the Arts, a freelance video engineer and a technical manager at the YES Network. He was nominated for a "Live Sports Event" Emmy for his video of extra innings from a New York Yankees game called "Marathon in the Bronx." He was also nomi­nated for "Outstanding Techni­cal Achievement" for the "YES-MO," an extreme slow motion camera. He previously won the Emmy for this category in 2012.

At YES, Wicki is responsible for overseeing all of the technical as­pects of the show and, along with a partner, is "responsible for the image quality of all the cameras used."

Wicki has done freelance work as an engineer since 1987 and primarily has experience in live sporting events in the New York area, he said.

"I have worked on the World Se­ries, Stanley Cup playoffs and fi­nals and NBA playoffs and finals," he said.

After having much success in a difficult industry, the television veteran advises students in the field to get as much experience as they can while they're still at Se­ton Hall.

"Get a good internship at a small facility where you can get hands-on experience," he said. "Keep a positive attitude. After all, it's only television!"

Kristyn Lyncheski can be reached at kristyn.lyncheski@stu­dent.shu.edu.