Broadway comes to South Orange

Seton Hall University's Depart­ment of Communication and The Arts will present "The Broadway Experience: Songs for a New World" at the South Orange Per­forming Arts Center (SOPAC) on April 25.

This musical is the last Seton Hall theatre production of the sea­son and is directed by Dan Lawler, an adjunct professor in the Depart­ment of Communication and The Arts. Theater professor Deirdre Yates said that the show is being performed at SOPAC because it is part of the main-stage theater pro­gram and is not a Theater Council production.

Christine Byrne said the musi­cal looks at the ideas of change and the fear that comes when life-altering decisions must be made.

Yates said she is excited about the opportunities the students have gained since working on this production.

"[The production] is a terrific opportunity for the students since they are working with New York professionals," Yates said. "This whole semester they have been re­hearsing while learning about the professional world of the theater. This show will be a wonderful showcase for them and will show the great talent of our SHU stu­dents."

Tickets can be purchased through the SOPAC ticket office or by call­ing (973) 313-2787. Tickets are $15 for regular admission, $10 for Seton Hall alumni and senior citi­zens and $5 for students. Perfor­mances are at 8 p.m. on April 25, 26 and 27, and 2 p.m. on April 28.

Catherine Chidiac can be reached at catherine.chidiac@student.shu.edu.