Peaches and Cream Pie
According to allrecipes.com’s Pinterest board, this pie is award winning. Hey, worth a shot, right?
1. 3/4 cup flour
2. 1/2 teaspoon salt
3. 1 teaspoon baking powder
4. 1 (3 ounce) package non-instant vanilla pudding mix
5. 3 tablespoons butter, softened
6. 1 egg
7. 1/2 cup milk
8. 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained and syrup reserved
9. 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
10. 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon white sugar
11. 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease sides and bottom of a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan.
2. In a medium-mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and pudding mix. Mix in butter, egg and milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into pie pan. Arrange the peach slices on top of the pudding mixture.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add 1/2-cup sugar and 3 tablespoons reserved peach syrup. Beat for 2 minutes. Spoon mixture over peaches to within 1 inch of pan edge. Mix together 1-tablespoon sugar and 1-teaspoon cinnamon, and sprinkle over top.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown. Chill before serving.