Hall blown out on road 74-52

The men's basketball team continued their inconsistent play Wednesday night, falling for the sixth time in seven games 74-52 to Georgetown.

During this chapter of the Pi­rates recent stretch, they allowed the Hoyas to jump out to an early 20-6 lead by the 11:17 minute mark. Sophomore Otto Porter Jr., led the Hoya's charge with 20 points on 6-9 shooting from the floor, along with connecting on 6-7 from the charity stripe.

Head coach Kevin Willard spoke after the St. John's game Sunday about junior Fuqaun Ed­win's inability to circulate the ball to his teammates on nights where he shoots poorly.

"(Edwin) is taking a lot of shots," Willard said. "He's got to start taking better shots. When you're not making it those are times to let other people take it."

Willard's comments Sunday fell into accordance with Edwin's shooting performance Wednes­day night when he shot 2-9 from the field, while only dishing out three assists. Edwin's season av­erage for assists per game rests at a lowly 1.9.

Willard went on to mention the Pirates inability to play at the end of halves after the St. John's game, going again with exact ac­cordance to how his team played Wednesday night.

"We don't end halves well and we don't start halves well" Wil­lard said. "We got to find guys that can come out of the locker room at halftime or finish halves well."

The Pirates started the game slowly by allowing an early 14 point deficit.

Opening the second half the Hoyas went on a 27-8 run, com­pletely dissipating any chance the Pirates may have had while being down only 10 at halftime.

Junior forward Brian Oliver led the Pirates with 13 points while adding five rebounds and three steals, appearing to be one of the few bright spots for the Pirates on a night where nothing seemed to be in their favor.

Three Pirates fouled out, in­cluding junior center Eugene Teague and sophomores Brandon Mobley and Haralds Karlis.

The Pirates were out-rebound­ed 30-27 as a team, on a night where the Teague and point guard Aaron Cosby's rebounding totals matched at five. Willard touched on Teagues rebounding efforts af­ter the St. Johns came as well.

"He has to start rebounding the basketball a little better." Willard said

Along with Porter Jr. the Hoya's got another solid 6-9 shooting night from junior guard Markel Starks, who contributed 16 points. Georgetown notched their third straight win, two com­ing against ranked opponents Louisville and Notre Dame.

The Pirates will host the No. 24 Cincinnati Bearcats at 11 a.m. on Saturday.

Dennis Chambers can be reached at dennis.chambers@student.shu.edu.