Dunkin' opens door to library

For months students and employees have had to walk from the Dunkin' Donuts to the entrance of Walsh Library in order to go between the two.

Now they don't have to since the door to the library has been opened inside the Dunkin' Donuts restaurant located on the second floor.

Before when students or employees wanted to get to the library from the Dunkin' Donuts they needed to leave the restaurant in order to gain access to. With the new door opening that has become unnecessary.

Sophomore Chris Miklius says that the door is going to be helpful for a lot of students.

"I'm sure it is convenient for those who need to take a short break from studying," Miklius said.

The Dunkin' Donuts opened at the start of the 2012 school year. Students said it is very useful.

Several students have already started using the door to easily get from their studies to a snack break or just to spend some time with their friends.

Sophomore Amanda Chiarello said that the door will also help students when the weather isn't great.

"I think it is better for students and employees because they don't have to walk outside in the cold or rain when the weather outside is bad," Chiarello said. "It will be so much easier for everyone now."

"I know a bunch of people who probably would use the door," said Miklius. "It seems like a great idea to help students study and enjoy the Dunkin' Donuts in less time."

The Dunkin' Donuts has been a crowded place since its opening and Chiarello said she wondered why the door wasn't opened sooner.

"Since the first time I went to the Dunkin' Donuts I've questioned why it wasn't connected to the library," said Chiarello.

The door is located in the back corner of the restaurant near the tables and chairs. The door allows for entrance or exit to the restaurant as well as the library.

Eric Hostettler can be reached at eric.hostettler@student.shu.edu