Seton Hall falls to Notre Dame in South Bend

Coming off a win over DePaul in the final seconds of the game, the men's basketball team lost to No. 21 Notre Dame, 74-93, in South Bend, Ind. on Saturday.

The loss snapped the Pirates' (12-3, 1-1 Big East) seven-game win streak in their biggest loss of the season.

The Hall had no answer for Notre Dame's Jack Cooley, who scored 19 points and grabbed 13 rebounds, six of which came off the offensive glass.

Sixth-year senior guard Scott Martin caught fire from beyond the arc hitting 6-7 tries, en route to a game-high 22 points.

The Pirates entered the second half trailing by eight points, but three 3-pointers from Martin in the half's first three minutes gave the Fighting Irish the cushion they needed to run away with the game.

The Pirates, who live and die by the 3-point shot hit 11-31 from distance, good for 35.5 percent.

Junior swingman Fuquan Edwin and scored 21 points on 9-16 shooting and also recorded five rebounds.

Sophomore guard Aaron Cosby followed up his career-high 24 points at DePaul with 21 points and a career-high seven assists to pace the Hall.

Despite Cooley's game, junior center Eugene Teague pitched in with 17 points and nine rebounds, just missing a consecutive double-double.

Sophomore forward Brandon Mobley struggled throughout the contest, scoring his only points in the first minutes of the game on a 3-point shot. He grabbed only two rebounds and fouled out of the game.

A bright spot for the Pirates was seeing the return of freshman center Kevin Johnson, who was coming off a surgery for a partially torn meniscus in his knee. In five mines, Johnson scored two points and grabbed three rebounds.

The Pirates will return to action on Wednesday as they take on No. 4 Louisville at the Prudential Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m.

T.J. Brennan can be reached at Thomas.brennan@student.shu.edu.