Activities for break mapped out

The holiday break is just around the corner and Seton Hall students are buzzing about the plans they have made for the break.

With a month away from school, some students have already made plans.

Sophomore Raphael Galzov said he will be bringing a new meaning to the word "Mordor" by painting a mural dedicated to J.R.R Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" in his room at home in Belle Mead, N.J., over the break.

"My room is in chronological order of the books," Galzov said. "And it is also geographically oriented so that each different book takes up a different wall."

Freshman Thomas Zucker said he plans to go to Walt Disney World over the holidays for the 21st time. Even after going 20 times he said he is still excited and can't get enough of the park, calling it "magical."

"It's going to be nice and relaxing because I won't have anything to do," Zucker said.

Zucker said his favorite ride at Walt Disney World is the Test Track at Epcot. The ride is a crash test car for six people and goes through a series of tests and trials.

Sophomore and President of Anime Club Christ Gbogia said he plans to do something different over the holidays. Unlike Galzov and Zucker, Gbogi will plan out activities for the upcoming semester.

"We have something planned every day," Gbogi said. "We are going to be having extra meetings on the side, besides our normal Thursday night (meeting) at 8:30 p.m. in Fahy Hall."

Gbogi said he planned a Christmas party for the Anime Club where there will be hot chocolate, cookies, a white elephant gift exchange, music and "of course" anime.

Sophomore Chelsea Almeida-Torress said she plans to read and play video games over the holiday break when she isn't working.

"I know for a fact that I will be working the whole time," she said. She said she also plans to look for internships for the summer.

Selin Ildokuz can be reached at selin.ildokuz@student.shu.edu.