Setonian gift guide

Etsy

If you're looking for a unique gift but can't pinpoint exactly what you want to get, Etsy is the place to go. Almost ev­erything on the site is handmade, so you can get the same sentiment of something special without having to be particular­ly crafty. Personalized coffee cups, cell phone cases, etc., are always great op­tions if you're stuck!

eBay

Yes, there is some skepticism when it comes to shopping on eBay, but if you're cautious and aware of whom you are ordering from, it can be a gift mecca. You can find vintage and dis­continued products are fairly reason­able prices on the site, so if you know someone who has been dying for a Rolling Stones vinyl or a program from a Bruce Springsteen concert in the 80s - eBay may be the way to go.

DIYs

Being short on cash this holiday season is no excuse not to give gifts. A simple photo collage is perhaps the most sentimental present one can receive. If pictures aren't your things, try creating a homemade coupon book. For ex­ample, the coupons could include: one home-cooked meal, laundry day on you, one day hanging out, etc.

Discount Retail Stores

You'd be surprised at the hidden gems you can find in plac­es such as TJ MAXX and Marshalls - all for a discounted price. The stores have everything from clothes and home goods to electronics and sporting goods, so no matter who the person you need a gift for is; you're sure to find some­thing that appeals to you.

Gift Bags

If you can't figure out what to get for someone, a great option is to mix and match a few of his or her favorite things! Have someone who loves golf? Throw in golf balls, a polo shirt and some golf gloves. What about someone who's a movie lover? Compile an assortment of both old and new DVDs as well as some popcorn to complete the gift.