Mobley to miss 'significant' time with knee injury

Sophomore forward Brandon Mobley will miss a significant amount of time according to head coach after leaving the game against Washington in the third minute with a left knee injury.

Graduate Kyle Smith ran into him grabbing a rebound, hyperextending his knee. Mobley tried to come back in the game but struggled to move around on the court before being taken out for good at the next dead ball.

"Losing Brandon deflated us a little bit," Willard said after the Washington game. "He had been playing real well and he's a big key for us. "

Entering the game Mobley was averaging five points, 10 rebounds and 25 minutes of court time a game.

Sophomore Patrik Auda will see the biggest jump in playing time with the injury going from averaging 22 minutes of playing time to 37 against Washington. Auda recorded nine points and six rebounds versus the Huskies.

"It was a lot of minutes out there," Auda said. "I wasn't really ready for this."

The injury will also force some players to play a different position. Junior Brian Oliver was moved to the power forward position immediately after the injury, something Willard noted they had not practiced. Oliver finished the game with six point and two rebounds in 19 minutes.

An MRI will be done at a later date to determine the extent of the injury.

Stephen Valenti can be reached at stephen.valenti@student.shu.edu