Students weigh Dunkin' against Cove

With all the hype about Dunkin' Donuts being open 24/5, there are still students who favor The Cove for coffee.

Certain students said that they prefer The Cove and commuter cafeteria be open later along with Dunkin' so they can have more options.

Some upperclassmen said they prefer the Cove coffee over Dunkin' Donuts, but because of its convenience, still go to Dunkin'.

"I think the Cove coffee is actually better coffee but I always get Dunkin' Donuts," junior Alexandra Ferlise said. "Even though there is a long line at Dunkin' Donuts, it is a lot easier to get your food or drinks and it is quick."

Junior Ashlie Verano said she agreed that The Cove is better but she still goes to Dunkin' Donuts to get coffee if she's in a hurry.

With all of these extra places to eat, students said they need to watch how they are spending.

Sophomore biology major Ahmed Osman said he rarely swipes into the cafeteria anymore due to his schedule. He said he now depends mostly on his Pirate Bucks.

Osman said he is a huge fan of Dunkin' Donuts and favors their coffee over the Cove's, unlike Ferlise.

"I would rather (have Dunkin') because (their) coffee is quality," Osman said.

With a busy schedule, Osman said he is happy how easy it is to get food on campus. "Dunkin' Donuts' hours are really convenient, especially since it is 24/5," Osman said. "Anytime you want a cup of coffee or a doughnut you can just take a short walk."

Junior Andre Parrilla sees the new establishment as a limiting factor on campus because she said that is the only place to eat that is open late. "Now all we have on campus is Dunkin' Donuts," Parilla said.

Belal Bahader can be reached at belal.bahader@student.shu.edu.