The Script excites crowd at Radio City

The Script began a one-month long headlining tour at Radio City Music Hall on Oct. 9.

But before the Irish rockers got on stage, opening act Tristan Prettyman proved that personal experience makes for a great song. Her emotion while singing "I Was Gonna Marry You" made it obvious how hurt and confused she was after the end of her engagement to singer Jason Mraz. She also had the crowd on their feet with "The Rebound," a humorous song about meeting a guy in Trader Joe's.

As soon as The Script opened with "Good Ol' Days" from their new album "#3," the band had the audience hooked, while front man Danny O'Donoghueran up and down the aisles taking pictures with fans. Later in the show, he even had audience members sing into his microphone. The epitome of a front man, O'Donoghue never stopped moving on the stage, running around and dancing during every song.

The set list had a well-balanced mix of old and new songs, including "Nothing," "The Man Who Can't Be Moved," and their new single "Hall of Fame."

Even though this is their third album release, all three band members were in awe of the crowd's reaction to them. Because it was their first time at Radio City, they repeatedly said how they were amazed by their view of the audience from the stage.

The band ended the show with three encores, including their hits "Breakeven" and "For the First Time." But the standout encore was "If You Could See Me Now," a new song about wishing their deceased parents could see them perform. Because this song is so personal to them, they said they always put it at the end of the set list and decide in the moment whether or not to play it.

The only negative about the concert was that the band frequently overpowered the singing, and it was hard to hear O'Donoghuefor many of the songs. However, the energy of the band and the crowd made up for it.

Check out The Setonian's review of The Script's album "#3"

The Setonian gave this concert 4 out of 5 stars.

Kristyn Lyncheski can be reached at kristyn.lyncheski@student.shu.edu.