Soccer looks to end slump

The women's soccer team will attempt to end its five-game losing streak against Cincinnati Bearcats on Friday at Owen T. Carroll Field.

Cincinnati has lost their last five games with a goal differential of -11. The Bearcats hold a road record of 1-3-1 and a 1-7 conference record.

Head Coach Kazbek Tambi said consistency has been the problem during the losing streak.

"In the course of 90 minutes we've had some times where we've played exceptionally well," Tambi said. "With that said there have also been times where we've turned the ball over in key situations. We need to play in a more consistent manner to turn it around."

With a home record of 5-2 the Pirates look to raise morale by playing at home Friday.

"Playing at home absolutely gives you the advantage," Tambi said. "Like most teams, we have a much better home record than we do away. When the students get to play at home it gives them a major boost of energy and confidence."

Cincinnati freshman Laura Rose comes in as the Bearcats leading goal scorer, but Tambi said the Pirates are not just focused on one player.

"We've watched them on tape and we know that they are a very competitive team," Tambi said. "We are not just focused on one player in this matchup. Like every opponent in the Big East it will always be a battle."

Tambi said it has been a difficult couple of weeks around the team.

"This is something that is very difficult for everybody," Tambi said. "Everybody goes out hard every practice with the view point of getting results in the game, and unfortunately it comes up short. I give credit to the crew, they come to work just as hard every time and they want to turn this around."

Justin Geringer can be reached at Justin.Geringer@student.shu.edu.