Los Lonely Boys get crowd dancing at SOPAC

The South Orange Performing Arts Center hosted Los Lonely Boys and their opening act Thom Chacon on Thursday night in South Orange, N.J.

While some people tell it like it is, Chacon, who played for just a half-an-hour, sings it like it is. His dark blend of Americana and rock invited listeners on a very honest musical journey. Mixing his acoustic guitar with his harmonica, the lyrics of his songs were sung much more like spoken poetry. All of which blended beautifully on stage.

Chacon played several songs off of his self-entitled album as well as from his previously released LP "Featherweight." After an entertaining set Chacon invited members of the crowd to step out and speak with him downstairs in SOPAC's lobby while the stage was prepared for the main act.

Los Lonely Boys took charge of the stage with strong elements of drums, bass and electric guitar mixing together to make an enchanting and exciting environment for the audience. The long drum solos and guitar riffs with their impressive vocals made for an entertaining presence on stage.

After performing for some time, the band closed with their popular song "How Far is Heaven" which got the crowd up and dancing.

Los Lonely Boys have been travelling on their Rockpango tour playing their Tex-Mex American inspired music for fans all over the United States. Overall, both acts provided a fun and exhilarating Thursday evening for attendees.

Ashley Duvall can be reached at Ashley.duvall@student.shu.edu