“Secret Princes” gives new twist on dating show

With TV networks overrun with reality dating shows that involve a single bachelor or bachelorette searching for love in a house full of suitors, TLC brings a new perspective to the age old problem of finding that perfect someone.

TLC’s new reality series “Secret Princes” chronicles four royals who have been unsuccessful at finding love in their native countries and are now hoping to find the right American women in Atlanta, Ga.

The bachelors are forced share a house that is much less than royal, cook and clean and hold minimum wage jobs. While they try to prove themselves more powerful and more competent at their new jobs than other workers, it is easy to find humor in their trials.

As the title would imply, these princes go through the trouble of creating completely new identities to avoid being recognized as royals: and to keep from being seen with just a price tag over their heads. They want to be seen as more than lords or princes; they want to find a woman that loves them for them, regardless of title and wealth.

“Secret Princes” is a creative and interesting way to look at reality dating and will keep viewers guessing as to who will find love.

Samantha Giedris can be reached at Samantha.giedris@student.shu.edu.

Author: Samantha Giedris

Samantha Giedris is a senior journalism major with minors in political science and women and gender studies. She is currently the Managing Editor of The Setonian and a member of Alpha Phi Fraternity. In the past year, she has interned at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and Birchbox. Samantha can be reached at samantha.giedris@student.shu.edu.