SAB event holds "SHUperhero" theme for students

To help students get in touch with their inner "SHUperheroes," the Student Activities Board is hosting a SHUperhero weekend on Sept. 21 and 22 featuring fun events with a 'super' theme.

The weekend starts with a movie on the green at 8 p.m. on Friday.

"The movie is Marvel's The Avengers and it is really cool be­cause it is not even out on DVD yet," senior Ricky Harzula, SAB member, said.

Starring Robert Downey, Jr., Scarlett Johansson and Chris Hemsworth, "The Avengers" broke records by accumulating more that $200 million in its open­ing weekend in the U.S. With its extreme success, the movie is a lucrative event for students.

"I so have to see that," senior Katia Diaz said. "It was so good!"

On Saturday, students will have the opportunity to get a hands-on superhero experience with zip-lining across the green starting at 12 p.m.

Senior Mark Corradi was sur­prised when he heard the news of the campus zip-line.

"Wow, really?" Corradi said. "Seton Hall has never done any­thing different like that. It should be interesting."

The SAB will also be collecting jars of peanut butter, nut spread, power bars, cereal bars, granola bars, candy bars and bagged can­dy to benefit The USO of Pennsyl­vania and Southern New Jersey throughout the entire weekend.

Junior Courtney Pearsall and sophomore Kayla Berry both agree that SAB is on the right track with the SHUperhero Week­end.

"We are SHUper excited," Pears­all and Berry said.

For more information students can join the Facebook group on­line. Or visit the Seton Hall web­site.

Catherine Chidiac can be reached at Catherine.Chidiac@student.shu.edu.