Seton Hall takes on the Color Run

Seton Hall students often search high and low, on and off campus for fun things to do on the weekend. On September 1, several groups of students travelled to Raceway Park in Englishtown, N.J. for both entertainment and community service.

The Color Run, which benefited multiple sclerosis, was a different kind of 5k race. Every km, runners ran through what is called a "color zone" in which volunteers threw natural and safe powdered color at the runners, according to the website.

Runners are asked to wear as much white as possible so that the runners have a tie dyed effect at the end of the race.

Senior Moira Kelly explained that there was no pressure to finish first in this race.

"The only kind of pressure is to have fun," Kelly said. "What's great about the color run is that it's not about running the race in a certain amount of time. My friends and I are by no means runners and we had a great time running and walking the course."

According to senior Jessica Chedid basically anyone could have gone and enjoyed the day.

"You can be the best runner ever, or you can never have run in your life," Chedid said. "There were people running and there were people walking. Everyone was there to have fun."

Chedid said that running the Color Run was an amazing experience.

"I've never imagined anything like it," Chedid said. "It was wonderful and I definitely recommend everyone try's it!"

Senior Katie Kocher described the race as "a lot of fun for a good cause."

Catherine Chidiac can be reached at Catherine.chidiac@ student.shu.edu.