Dunkin' Donuts' first customer spills the beans

What's better than coffee and donuts? $50 to spend on more.

Junior Kevin Gilligan received both as his grand prize for being the first student to walk through the doors of the new Dunkin' Do­nuts. Gourmet Dining Services sent Gilligan a $50 gift card in the mail.

Gilligan said that his "big brother" in his fra­ternity, Alpha Sigma Phi, sent him to Dunkin' Donuts at 4:30 a.m. on Monday, August 27 to wait in line for the grand opening. Another student, Fred DeRitis, received a free donut, coffee and gift certificate for being the sec­ond student to enter the new Dunkin' Donuts.

"There was nobody waiting," Gilligan said. "We each had two donuts and a coffee and left."

Gilligan said that he is excited to be the first customer at Dunkin' Donuts.

"It's cool to be the first customer at Dunkin because I'll at least leave my mark on Seton Hall in some way," Gilligan said.

Gilligan is a huge fan on the new Dunkin' and is pleased that Seton Hall chose to bring one to campus.

"The seating area is much more comfort­able," Gilligan said in regard to the plush armchairs that replace the older library fur­niture. "It will give students a good place to relax."

According to Gilligan, having a Dunkin' Donuts is much more convenient for students as well.

"The (Pirate's) Cove will be able to pre­pare bigger food items and the Dunkin' will be there for snacks and coffee," Gil­ligan said.

Dunkin' Donuts is open 24 hours from 5 a.m. Monday to 1 a.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. Saturday to 1 a.m. Sunday and 11 a.m. Sunday to 1 a.m. Monday.

Melissa Murray can be reached at Me­lissa.murray@student.shu.edu.