Lady Antebellum wows crowd at Radio City

Country-pop trio Lady Antebellum performed two sold out concerts at Radio City Music Hall last week.

Thompson Square opened the show with hits like "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not" and "I Got You." The country music duo consists of married couple Keifer and Shawna Thompson, whose chemistry on stage is undeniable.

Darius Rucker, of rock band Hootie and the Blowfish fame, played the next set, performing for almost an hour. The now-country music singer dug down into his southern side for the inspiration of his 2010 album, "Charleston, SC 1966."

While he mostly performed his solo music, Rucker had crowds on their feet with his performances of two Hootie and the Blowfish hits, including "Only Wanna Be With You."

The sold out crowds stayed on their feet for his cover renditions of Hank Williams, Jr.'s "Family Tradition" and Prince's "Purple Rain." Rucker's set list was catchy and entertaining and had the audience completely captivated.

In between sets, the PA system blasted dance songs, like LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" and David Guetta's "Where Them Girls At." As a part of the LADP, or Lady A Dance Party, video of dancing audience members were broadcast on the venue's large screens.

Headliners Lady Antebellum opened their set with the title song of their latest album, "We Owned the Night," as the entire venue rose to their feet immediately.

Childhood friends Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood along with the third member of the group Hillary Scott blew the crowd away with their live renditions of songs like "Dancin' Away With My Heart" and "Our Kind of Love."

The very charismatic Kelley ran up the side balconies of Radio City and even jumped into a row of the audience to get the crowd pumped up.

Lady Antebellum left the audience guessing with different twists, like a unique ending of "Just a Kiss" and an acoustic version of "American Honey."

The group put their own spin on many cover songs, only adding to the excitement of the night.

They even infused part of The Police's "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" into their song "Love This Pain."

Possibly the best part of the show, Thompson Square and Darius Rucker joined Lady Antebellum on stage for a medley of the Allman Brothers' "Midnight Rider" and the Doobie Brothers' "Black Water."

The first night, Lady A then performed their own version of Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion," but for the second show, they continued with a country cover version of the Rolling Stones' "Honky Tonk Woman."

Wrapping up their set, they appropriately ended with "Lookin' For A Good Time," although the party felt like it was just getting started.

When the lights when down and the band left the stage, the crowds went wild, screaming and clapping for them to come back.

Lady A returned to the stage and performed their biggest hit "Need You Now" for their encore.

Senior Katie Sheridan saw the first show at Radio City. "I had a blast," she said. "It was hands down one of the top three best concerts I've ever been to. Darius Rucker & Thompson Square only added to the excitement."

After selling more than 750,000 tickets as a whole for this tour, Lady Antebellum still has about two more months of touring left around the country, including Philadelphia on May 19 and Pittsburgh on June 2.

Kristyn Lyncheski can be reached at kristyn.lyncheski@student.shu.edu.