Forget 'What If?' and enjoy the ride

What if? Two words, and that's it. That's all it takes to stop me in my tracks and make me think. But that's life. It's full of questions that I can't answer; that no one will ever be able to answer. What if I decided to play basketball rather than volleyball in college? What if I didn't choose Seton Hall? What if I stayed a graphic design major? What if I wasn't a sports copy edi­tor for The Setonian?

While I don't know the what if's, whether they would've made things better or worse, I'm grateful for all the experiences the Hall has given me.

As an incoming freshman, I was already in a "sorority." I already had a group of friends - my vol­leyball teammates. Our time may have been spent in gyms and buses more so than meetings and dance for­mals, but I know some of those girls, both present and past teammates, will be forever friends.

At the beginning of sophomore year when I realized I no longer want­ed to be a magazine editor, I was faced with an endless list of career options. To this day, I don't know why I picked public relations, but, no matter how clich?© it sounds, I like to say it picked me. The friends I've made, both students and pro­fessors, have taught me more than I could've ever imagined about the industry and about life.

And then there's The Setonian. The newspaper allowed me to be a part of something I love - sports, but as a Division I athlete trying to manage time between practices, games, classes and tests, getting involved in extracurricular clubs meant I was just asking for it - the stress , the all nighters and the caf­feine addiction.

So naturally I took it a step fur­ther and became the sports copy editor my senior year. Let me just say I had no idea what I was getting myself into with these long production nights, but one thing's for sure, I'm glad I did. Entering the staff this year, I didn't really know any­one, but all 15 board mem­bers were so welcoming. Throughout the year, we've shared so many frustrations yet so many more laughs. After the school year is over, my Wednes­days may never be the same, but it's okay because The Setonian gave me more than just free pizza every production night. It gave me the chance to meet people who I probably never would've met oth­erwise, people who I now call my friends.

So what if?

Seton Hall gave me the opportu­nity of a lifetime - the places I've gone, the things I've done, and most importantly the people I've met and grown to know and love.

Looking back on it all, I don't care about the what if's, and nei­ther should you. There are only go­ing to be many more unanswered questions in the years to come. The Rolling Stones said it better than anyone else ever could: "You can't always get what you want. But, if you try sometimes, you might find you get what you need."

Krissy Wrobel is a senior public relations major from Reading, Pa. She can be reached at wrobelkr@shu.edu.