Safety top priority for SGA candidates in presidential race

New and better cafeteria options, increased off-campus safety precautions, enhanced housing quality and fulltime library hours are a few changes promised by the Student Gov­ernment Association's two presidential hope­fuls.

Next week big name politicians like Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum will take a back­seat here at Seton Hall as the student popula­tion prepares to elect a new leader.

Sophomore Joe Donato and junior Delo­res Sarfo-Darko will face off in the two-day email election which opens April 2.

According to the outgoing SGA president Derel Stroud, both nominees guarantee a promising future for Seton Hall.

"I know the two candidates personally and promise that both Joe and Delores bring extensive r?©sum?©s to this position," said Stroud of his pending successors.

Sarfo-Darko said she believes her back­ground in social work will benefit her role as Student Government Association Presi­dent.

"Like in social work, I want to make a difference here on campus," said the can­didate. "I want to be the voice of the stu­dent body."

Donato said the student body president must function much like the mayor of a small town.

"There is such a diverse group of people on this campus," Donato said. "I will work in service to this school and to this com­munity."

For both Donato and Sarfo-Darko, the real campaign cornerstone is getting aver­age students more involved in the Univer­sity political process.

Both Donato and Sarfo-Darko said that increased student participation is a top pri­ority and that a louder student body voice is their goal.

Results will beannounced to the student body on April 3.